At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Junior Paralegal
to join our Legal Team to support our internal and external clients with contract administration and other corporate legal support. We're on the search for a Team Member who can grow with Volta, supporting our goals to further develop legal processes and operations.
This position is based on the East Coast (exact location can be flexible) and will report to Head of Legal Operations and in-house counsel.
- Support implementation and management of a contract management database
- Support record retention and document management
- Review initial and revised drafts of third-party quotations, proposals, agreements and terms and conditions (under attorney supervision and direction)
- Review and revise non-disclosure agreements based on the Volta form, as well as forms received from third parties (under attorney supervision and direction)
- Assist in the development of corporate governance policies and procedures and help to ensure the company’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and legal requirements
- Support, track and complete various entity business license renewals, as well as other corporate governance matters as needed
- Support dispute and litigation needs
- Complete or assist on special projects on an as-needed basis
- Work together with the other members of the legal department to prioritize items and highlight ongoing issues
- 1-2 years as a corporate paralegal in house or in a law firm environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Persistence: you’re solution oriented and eager to overcome challenges
- Relationship builder, you have the ability (and are eager to) establish and maintain effective relationships with our Executive team and employees across all levels of the company in a highly professional manner