We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
The Go To Market Technical Program Management team creates operational roadmaps and oversees cross-functional programs to safely develop AV technology into scaled and sustainable businesses. Businesses may include ridehail and/or delivery in initial and subsequent markets.
Internal and cross-functional partners include Market Operations, Market Strategy, Customer Support, Remote Assistance, Technical Operations, Infrastructure, Product, Engineering, Legal, and Government Affairs.
- Serve as an interface between the business and technical teams responsible for operational execution and technology readiness to highlight scope, timing, and resourcing risks
- Create operational roadmaps and execute them across 10+ functions and external partners to launch Cruise’s commercial products in initial and subsequent markets
- Break down functional silos to deliver a seamless customer experience in a complex environment
- Create frameworks to manage programs and initiatives in a way that is clear, actionable, and results driven
- Design and run major cross-functional leadership forums to drive decision making and alignment across Cruise on topics relevant to Go To Market
- Bring next level organization to the way we make decisions, execute launch programs and strategic initiatives, and evaluate progress
- Hold leadership team and cross-functional peers accountable to deliver on commitments which will benefit the business
- Keep leadership team abreast of upcoming decisions, important opportunities and risks to consider, and help needed across program readiness and other strategic initiatives
- Communicate progress on program readiness and other strategic initiatives to key stakeholders and sponsors
What you must have:
- 5+ years of experience spanning project or program management roles and at least one operations or business oriented role
- B.S. in Engineering or other relevant technical field (e.g. operations)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create and leverage strong relationships with cross-functional peers and leaders
- Ability to quickly identify and rally the people you need to get something done
- Ability to enroll, lead, and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Ability to keep teams focused on the most impactful work in the short to medium term while not losing sight of the big picture and long-term goals
- Ability to understand and act on complex and open-ended problems
- Ability to see around corners when doing something that’s never been done before
- Ability to adapt, operate, and thrive under ambiguity
- Ability to hold others accountable to get work done
- Willingness to speak up when there is a timeline, scope, or resource risk
- Passionately brings order and organization to any team
- Flexibility to use many relevant program and business management tools
- Ability to distill information not only for working teams but for presentation to executives
- Strong communication skills and business sense
- Ability to navigate complex team and leadership dynamics
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience bringing a company’s first product to market at a large scale
- Experience in a Go To Market or operations program management role
- Experience working for a Marketplace company
- Experience in new product introduction (NPI) operations
- Experience working in small and large companies
- Experience working on a ridehail or delivery program
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.