We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
Cruise is looking for a Fleet Engineer for the Go To Market team to help us scale our autonomous fleet and support commercialization. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, acting as a liaison between engineering and operations to ensure successful operations of our fleet.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to improve the fleet availability and utilization rate
- Develop robust and scalable processes for engineers and technicians to support the fleet
- Proactively look for and drive improvements in process and design to support safety, maintainability, serviceability and scalability
- Support Cruise and GM engineers with root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues affecting hardware, software, and overall vehicle systems integration
- Lead and execute the planning of special projects, retrofits and other process changes to the fleet
- Balance operational needs with engineering requirements to maintain a safe fleet of highly available autonomous vehicles
What you must have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive or similar Engineering field
- Experience in an automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt, operate, and act decisively in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly about complex technical systems
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Willingness to work with documentation engineers to document all processes
- Experience working with 24x7 operation of a fleet
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.