Heila Technologies is looking to hire a Senior Software Developer to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution, and support a higher adoption of low-carbon, distributed energy resources (DERs). As a Senior Software Developer at Heila, you will work on next generation optimization and control technologies to enable communication and decision making among a large variety of energy assets such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems, leading projects, contributing to company innovation efforts and interacting with state-of-the-art technology in the energy industry.
An ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and build software in a collaborative team environment. The types of tasks you will have the opportunity to work on include:
● Lead the design, development, testing and deployment of software solutions that address market needs. These solutions could be a web service, standalone tool or user-facing web applications.
● Identify bottlenecks and bugs on existing applications, and devise solutions to these problems.
● Facilitate knowledge sharing by owning and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
● Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions.
● Push company innovation efforts and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices.
● Work collaboratively with software engineers, power system engineers and hardware engineers to define key milestones and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
● 5+ years working in Software Development with a leadership or solutions-driven role
● Passionate about building microservices and distributed and scalable enterprise class applications
● Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
● Experience deploying, testing and debugging web services in Kubernetes
● Fundamental knowledge of software engineer best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipeline
● MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
● Experience with PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, JDBC, Hibernate, Docker, Terraform, ReactJS, CSS
● Experience working with IoT devices. Knowledge of best practices and protocols for IoT security.