At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer/Administrator you will develop, maintain, and improve Volta Charging’s Salesforce technology platform. You will use your deep Salesforce experience to deliver innovative, high-quality solutions and partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance and Engineering to ensure our Salesforce technology stack is evolving at pace with our fast-growing business.The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate business requirements into effective solutions. The optimal solutions consider usability and scalability and incorporate a keen understanding of the business model and the reporting needs of our team members, management and the Board.
The ideal candidate has “hands-on” experience building Salesforce applications from ground to scale and the willingness and experience to know if and when to rebuild and then is able to communicate the implications, ramifications and effort required to execute the recommended solution. Must be self sufficient in running the entire software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, and maintain) and the desire to build and lead the future team that supports the organization.
This position will be based in San Francisco or Montreal
and will report to Director of Business Systems, IT and Data Infrastructure.
- Lead the overall design of the functional Salesforce solution and recommend best practice solutions based on business needs and desired future state
- Partner with Business Operations and drive the development lifecycle from define, design, build, test, deploy, and maintain
- Follow an agile software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support processes
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, and formulas - participate in the integration process with other enterprise systems
- Build and manage Salesforce integration with existing systems and third-party providers
- Work with stakeholders to help develop data governance policies and processes to maintain data accuracy
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and satisfy training and reference requirements for sales enablement
- Create meaningful dashboards and reports for management, teams and the Board
- Assist with data modeling of large data sets to create reports including sales pipeline, revenue forecasting, commissions, campaign conversion, cost of customer acquisition, efficacy of the network and other ROI metrics
- Stay abreast of industry trends and opportunities for new technologies
- Must be a Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce platform
- 3+ years SFDC programmatic development experience
- Must be able to create/troubleshoot/modify APEX code, S-Controls, and visual force pages
- Experience with Salesforce APIs to integrate Salesforce with other tools and third-party applications using SOAP/REST
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including integration technologies, single sign-on, and SAML
- Experience with Salesforce DevSecOps technologies/tools such as JIRA, GitHub and Copado, etc
- Ability to create and modify page layouts, custom objects, portals, reports and dashboards
- Enterprise application integration tool experience like Dell Boomi/Mulesoft a plus
- Strong working knowledge of data conversions, integrations, and data analytics
- Clear communication (written and oral), interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Able to quickly adapt to change and approach problems with a flexible mind-set