Afresh is on a mission to reduce food waste and increase access to nutritious food globally by transforming the fresh food supply chain. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year!You will be the first person in the sourcing function at Afresh - so you get to be the go-to expert on what “good” looks like and showing our growing organization the impact a dedicated sourcer can have. Your talents will directly affect our growth, and the impact that we have on our mission to reduce food waste and combat climate change. If you’re passionate about being deeply involved in building a company, helping to construct new processes and fine tune them on the fly, and want a personal in the future of your business, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Identify and engage with passive candidates from any avenue possible; be creative!
- Diversity is a priority - you work hard and care deeply to ensure our top-of-funnel efforts and interviews provide candidates of all backgrounds with equal, unbiased consideration and opportunity
- Think outside the box - leveraging events, internal referrals, and thoughtful sourcing techniques
- Build strong relationships across multiple orgs and work directly with VP and C levels to establish best practices
- Assist with evaluation and implementation of new sourcing tools and procedures
- Lead trainings and disseminate best practices to team as resident sourcing expert
- Maintain excellent data and systems hygiene in our ATS and leads systems
What skills or experience do you need?
- 2+ years experience in technical recruiting role with heavy sourcing expectations
- You’re metrics driven - you utilize data to drive your strategies
- You have mastered successful pipeline management using an ATS, LinkedIn, and a variety of other channels
- Humility - you know the devil is in the the details and you’re open to feedback
- You are always looking for growth both personally and professionally
- You crave impact on your peers and the world
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.