At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking an Enterprise Program Manager to join our Strategic Programs team as part of the Network Development Organization at Volta. This is a key role that will drive customer success for enterprise accounts and ensure results are aligned to company goals and objectives. The Enterprise Program Manager works closely with the Enterprise and Regional Portfolio Account Managers to drive overall adoption, performance and revenue growth of Volta services.
This role requires a change agent mentality with the ability to help drive project execution, provide visibility to cross-functional and executive teams around program status and health, working in tandem with several teams across the entire org (Finance, Sales, Operations, Legal, Product, and Engineering).
The Enterprise Program Manager must have excellent organizational and communication skills, understand how to apply project management tenets and tools to optimize the planning, implementation of projects, and work streams as needed. Overall, they will be the glue to ensure processes are being led cross-functionally to reach company objectives. This role is both external and internal facing and requires effective communication skills to reinforce the company’s value proposition and convey our operational expertise clearly and concisely.
This role requires a problem-solver who is also an effective influencer with a discerning eye for business. Enterprise Program Managers need to deeply understand Volta’s business and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal Enterprise Program Manager has a combination of project management, operations, technology and sales experience. They are able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will work collaboratively across multiple departments to organize resources that will be critical to partnership success. You will collaborate with your colleagues to ensure that all negotiated agreements are implemented as agreed, and that each engagement is successful.
This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the VP, Strategic Programs.
- Drive enterprise program success; ensure alignment between the customer, sales and the Go to Market (GTM) teams
- Execute GTM strategy, develop documentation and procedures to drive work efficiencies. This includes project management tools, operating plans, etc.
- Assume ownership of complex work streams with cross-functional internal and external organizations to drive adoption, usage, satisfaction, and revenue growth
- Define key success metrics and plan how to accomplish them
- Identify areas of improvement, assess and roll-out tools to optimally and efficiently iterate to optimize processes and decrease sales and installation cycles
- Work with the Account Executives to understand the sales pipeline for key accounts and highlight macro issues that need to be addressed, specifically, identify trends, blockers and raise those to the Account Managers and Account Executives for action
- Monitor, analyze and assess the enterprise partner’s network. This includes usage trends, power consumption, maintenance needs, and other key performance indicators (KPIs) as identified by the account. Work with Operations, Product, and Customer support to identify trends and drive resolution as needed.
- 10+ years of experience in program management/customer success with proven results within global, high-growth companies
- Proven project management experience. You know how to manage projects, keep details from getting lost, and keep accountability within a team
- Results oriented and comfortable with data curation. Leverages data from multiple sources to make informed decisions; assesses multiple viewpoints and recommends a path forward
- Ability to intuitively understand operational challenges and provide timely recommendations in order to drive business decisions
- You thrive in fast-paced, informal, team-focused environments where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to drive alignment cross-functionally and influence outcomes & decisions related to key objectives
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate information tailored to internal departments, management and/or external enterprise customers
- Travel may be required (10%) to visit strategic partners and/ or installation sites.
- You are a stronger candidate if you are an EV driver or have experience in the EV space
- You have experience in a rapidly growing start up environment
- You have experience working cross functionally with multiple departments (operations, sales, media, legal, finance etc)