We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Research Program Manager collaborates with researchers to support their study goals and organize the planning and execution of user research projects. The role’s core objectives are to provide high quality and reliable research participants; and develop the operational infrastructure to support a growing research team.
The ideal candidate is an extremely organized self-starter with a keen eye for detail and strong project management capabilities. You have the ability to quickly assess and act on research requests, and an affinity toward optimizing processes to increase output, coupled with knowledge of the UX design process and participant recruitment tactics and strategies.
What you’ll be doing:
- You develop and implement timelines, workflows, and objectives for research programs
- You own the entire research participant recruiting process, including sourcing, phone screening and scheduling participants for research studies in order to test new features and products, ensuring exceptional sampling and participant quality. You ensure that all recruiting is done in compliance with Cruise policies, and with close coordination and buy-in from appropriate partner teams
- You track the effectiveness of screener/surveys and collect metrics about opens, responses and show rate successes and failures to ensure we’re continually improving our tactics
- You source and evaluate research vendors when needed. You interface with legal, security and procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors.
- You experiment with new tools, processes, and techniques to improve the work produced by you and your peers. Continuously propose new ideas, tools, and processes for improving workflow & efficiency
- You coordinate study logistics for onsite and remote participant research studies including: facility scheduling, A/V equipment management, fleet operations, and distribution of incentives
- You communicate with participants about logistical details and guiding them through the research process
- You document and share lessons learned - develop and maintain team resources including team website, training materials, best practices, playbooks, and commonly used resources
- You propose new ideas for improving efficiency with documentation, processes, and tools
- Track and organize team expenses, budgets, and reports.
- You help onboard new team members
What you must have:
- B.S. or B.A.
- 1-2 years of prior work experience in a Research Coordinator role performing similar responsibilities as described above
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with using online collaborative document/spreadsheet tools
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, stay organized, and you enjoy sweating the details
- Experience with scheduling and calendar management tools
- Strong project management, organizational, communication and multitasking skills
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.