As Dandelion’s first Head of People, you will have the unique opportunity to build an outstanding employee experience and people strategy at a technology and logistics heavy startup. Dandelion is a Series A renewable energy company backed by leading investors like Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. As both a strategic and operational role, you will assume a critical position in developing business and people strategies to proactively support Dandelion’s mission, principles and growth. You will also manage the implementation of processes and programs necessary to support an evolving culture with a technology and logistics focus.
Dandelion team members have a wide range of talents and skills - we are building a diverse and interconnected team including but not limited to drillers, HVAC installers, project managers, system designers, and software engineers. We are looking for a hands-on leader who can communicate effectively and empathetically with management and employees across a number of locations and with a number of operational focuses.
What you’ll do
- Build a wide range of People & Culture functions including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development, performance management, risk and safety management, employee engagement, and company communications. You will initially be directly running our people operations processes and build out our people team as we grow
- Partner with leadership to advise on People strategy and everyday people management
- Provide assistance and counsel to managers and employees to assist them in resolving issues. Support managers on effective feedback and performance review processes
- Lead compensation, benefits, and insurance review process
- Create a Dandelion framework and strategy for career progression
- Prepare regular management reporting and analytics
- Identify and implement programs and processes that develop needed skills, knowledge, and experience to promote a safety-first and continuous learning environment
- 5+ years of progressive People, Human Resources and business experience
- Strong empathetic communication skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels. As a key representative of Dandelion, you are able to relate to others and form and express decisive opinions in a collaborative, clear, and approachable manner
- Awareness of and ability to navigate relevant employment and labor regulations
- Attention to detail is a must. In this role, you need to be a “safe pair of hands”
- Creative problem solving. You have a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage to a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Integrity. You must be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Hands-on experience in companies with a heavy focus on logistics, operations, construction, or home improvement a plus
- Experience working to actively create and maintain a safety-first culture a plus
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.