Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. Our unique sponsored services model combines digital, real-world advertising with EV charging in a new and unique way. With Volta, everyone wins. And above all, your work will impact the way the world moves to a greener environment.
At Volta, we’re passionate about working with companies that are moving the EV industry forward through service, technology, and media innovation. The ideal candidate shares this passion and is ready to liaise with our expanding client roster of marque retailers and property owners. We are looking for an outstanding Account Manager to join our expanding Site Sales team to help support our rapidly growing business.
Volta site partners are a diverse mix of property owners including retailers, traditional malls, mixed-use and lifestyle shopping venues, sports arenas, and entertainment locations that are high visibility locations in large metro areas across the country. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for nurturing a portfolio of these large and valued partners.
This is an incredible opportunity to get broad exposure and provide significant impact in managing and growing all aspects of our highly entrepreneurial EV charging business. We are currently seeking an Account Manager to support our organization's growing business, and must be based in the San Francisco surrounding area.
- Partner with your Sales Executive team to deliver revenue and station goals as a team
- Manage day-to-day activities including pipeline management, identify and provide guidance to site partners maximizing our collective investment
- Manage our success with real estate and retailer partnerships, builds long-term, strategic customer relationships
- Record customer interactions in Salesforce and report weekly in order to preserve strong partner relationships and to insure alignment across the organization
- Liaise with retailers and property owners to coordinate and lead weekly meetings with the partner to ensure commitments and timelines are met
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure all information needed for construction and installation has been transmitted accurately and timely
- Consistently monitor deals and help keep sales executives informed as to timing for construction, deal modifications, etc.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure our partners obtain the best experience possible
- Represent Volta as an expert in the EV charging industry and provide a consultative sales approach that help guide the customer as well as various internal stakeholders including product, marketing, operations, finance and legal
- Frequent local travel is required to maintain and grow customer relationships
- 3+ years sales experience managing customer accounts
- Detail oriented, able to resolve issues related to store locations, station placements, installation and operation of our EV charging network
- Salesforce experience managing leads, opportunities, and tasks
- Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Extremely resourceful, willing to take initiative, and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight
- Solid business judgment and excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and presentation skills with high attention to details are a must
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, MS Office, Google Apps and Mapping skills
- Ability to flex your muscle in regional markets and relationships
- In-depth knowledge of property management, lease agreements, and site planning a strong plus