Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. Our unique sponsored services model combines digital, real-world advertising with EV charging in a new and unique way. With Volta, everyone wins. And above all, your work will impact the way the world moves to a greener environment.
At Volta, we’re passionate about working with companies that are moving the EV industry forward through service, technology, and media innovation. The ideal candidate shares this passion and is ready to liaise with our expanding client roster of marque retailers and property owners. We are looking for an outstanding Sales Engineer to join our expanding Site Sales team to help support our rapidly growing business.
The Sales Engineer must thrive on complex problems and solve them with data analytics and creative use of our technology. You are a technologist but enjoy working with customers on delivering successful solutions. And, you are able to navigate the complexity of our commercial customers and execute excellence at every level.
Volta site partners are a diverse mix of property owners including retailers, traditional malls, mixed-use and lifestyle shopping venues, sports arenas, and entertainment locations that are high visibility locations in large metro areas across the country. You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of customers’ current infrastructure and architecture as well as operational and business needs. This is an outstanding opportunity to get broad exposure and provide significant impact in managing and growing all aspects of our highly entrepreneurial EV charging business.
This position can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle or Denver.
- Partner with Account Executives, Managers to provide in-depth technical knowledge and support during product evaluation as well as ensure our service is installed on time and within budget
- Function as a technical expert throughout Sales engagements, ensuring that tactical offerings in the pre-sales process are consistent with the partner’s goals
- Help guide and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demonstrate the value of the services utilizing a consultative sales process
- Oversee and participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing product specifications, demonstrations and technical electrical engagements for both existing customers and new sales opportunities
- Work closely with operations to provide the best, lowest cost installation of our suite of EV charging stations, from initial discovery to deal close to shorten sales cycles and improve closing rate
- Understand and become the subject matter expert of customer needs and provide technical solutions
- Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges and requirements into technical solutions that can be contracted and relayed to the Operations team to execute and install
- Consistently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage and maintain customer relationships in addition to relationships with peers and partners
- Record customer interactions in Salesforce and provide weekly reports to insure alignment across the organization
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure all information needed for construction and installation has been transmitted accurately and timely
- 5+ years of sales engineering, pre-sales or consultant experience with electrical power systems
- In-depth knowledge of EV charging stations, technical specifications and installation requirements is a plus
- Highly customer focused with customer service orientation; you're a champion for the customer and represent their needs/requirements in order to design the best fit solution.
- Pre-sales or related value-based technical-selling expertise in large commercial environments
- Detail oriented, able to resolve issues related to electrical infrastructure, power requirements, network connectivity and operation of our EV charging network
- Salesforce experience managing tasks are essential; solid project management skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Extremely resourceful, be willing to take initiative, and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight
- Solid business judgment and excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and presentation skills with high attention to details are a must
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, MS Office, Google Apps and Mapping skills