We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Workplace Organization:
Cruise is growing and so are our offices. We’ve just hired our first Head of Real Estate and Facilities and we are now building a best in class real estate organization to support the company's planned growth. The right candidate will be a “builder” and someone who is interested in getting in at the beginning and contribute to defining and rolling out the new Cruise work environment.
About the role:
The Cruise Corporate Real Estate Relationship Manager (CRM) will lead program development for all Cruise real estate construction projects. This role will work closely with all real estate service lines including transaction management, project delivery, facilities and workplace operations. This role will also act as the main conduit to internal clients and key stakeholders related to real estate portfolio strategies, mid range planning and business case development. This role reports to the Cruise Global Director of Real Estate and Facilities and is a key member of the leadership team.
- Become the trusted advisor. Develop effective relationships with key business partners
- Identify and prioritize business and enterprise requirements in support of overall business strategy
- Coordinate with other Cruise Workplace Centers of Excellence to ensure seamless hand-offs from strategy, acquisition, delivery, and operation of sites over to business unit stakeholders
- Shape the solution. Provide strategic, forward-thinking leadership and hands-on planning support
- Identify opportunities to add value to Cruise business via real estate solutions
- Ensure portfolio strategy and real estate assets are aligned for optimal business use
- Identify innovative opportunities to enhance quality, decrease cost, reduce time to market and increase customer satisfaction
- Use data to deliver insights, promote engagement and drive action
- Manage data analysis including supply, demand and cost data
- Leverage benchmarks to identify trends, risks, and opportunities
- Drive development of business cases, scenario modelling and reporting to facilitate enterprise-level decision-making
- Prepare and present reports and presentations to business unit stakeholders and senior leadership
- Manage positive impacts to Cruise financial performance
- Establish annual and multi-year operating budget forecast and projections
- Support the management and achievement of financial, operational and other measures established for business unit stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university with masters degree or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years corporate real estate experience with emphasis on Strategic Planning, Occupancy Planning, and Transaction Management; expertise in corporate finance preferred with 5+ years asset/portfolio management experience.
- Professional certification, professional designations (e.g. CCIM, MRE) and/or graduate level training in commercial real estate is desirable.
- Possess excellent management and leadership skills and the ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Must be able to communicate concepts, procedures, and systems needed clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Proficient use of Google Suite and strong knowledge of real estate-specific software solutions.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles and work with financial teams to structure advanced financial analysis based on adhoc and regular reporting requirements.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Ability to solve and digest complex problems that require both qualitative and quantitative considerations
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to manage competing priorities.
- Past experience and success working with an outsourced service provider and third party consultants.
- Experience with R&D Lab, Heavy Equipment Industrial, Electric Vehicle Charging, Automotive Lab, and Office product types.
- Experience in managing a capital plan and ability to assist with capital planning efforts via cost estimation, benchmarking and industry knowledge.
- Strong communications and ability to prepare and present consultant level deliverables in oral, written, and visual formats relative to the audience including operations, engineering, people and finance.
- Strong interest in presenting and staying abreast of industry trends, best practice and benchmarks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present complex information and strategies in a tangible way for non-real estate professionals.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.