Climate Farmers builds the infrastructure for scaling up regenerative agriculture while developing a comprehensive platform with profiles of regenerative farms, an open-access knowledge platform, and a growing community for regenerative society. We are a young team starting a strongly impact-oriented project. The goal: system change to enable the scaling of regenerative agriculture in practice. In numerous discussions with scientists, politicians and business representatives, we have identified essential points of leverage for this change, on which we are working together with strong partners.
For the development of remote sensing technologies, we are looking for support in the field of data science. We are building up a team around remote sensing applications using aerial and satellite data in ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, eCognition, QGIS, and/or other image analysis and processing software to model ecological processes. The team is currently being built up and we are excited to have people get involved and help shape Climate Farmers from the very beginning. The position is, as for all of us, on a voluntary basis, with scholarships and possibilities of financing in the medium term.
A minimum commitment of 10 hours per week would be preferable so that we can achieve our first successes together soon.
- Preferred, experience in remote sensing and geospatial data, such as Landsat, Sentinel, MODIS, VIIRS, Planet, hyperspectral, LiDAR, Radar, and/or UAV/drone technique would be great
- Preferred, knowledge in developing statistical, machine learning, and/or simulation models using (remote sensing) datasets
- Experienced in working with Python, GIS and, Principle Component Analysis and knowledge in scientific computing datasets
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to research, develop, and implement solutions to novel problems
- Motivation to learn new skills and to integrate into an interdisciplinary community
- Ideal: Knowledge of regenerative agriculture and its potential for reversing climate change
- Beneficial: Communication skills and the ability to explain and translate results to people from other fields
- Ability to self-manage time and execute on assigned responsibilities
- You will work in a development team on processing data from satellite imagery
- You research scientific studies on data science, remote sensing technologies, and machine learning application for the agricultural sector
- You will be co-responsible for agile feature/software development while creating a replicable technology approach
- You perform basic image analysis and assist quality control
- A young, innovative start-up in which you can play a strong role, sharpen your skills and establish credibility
- A close knit team with experts from various disciplines where you can experience entrepreneurship
- Being part of a horizontal and transparent organizational structure
- Perspective to influence highly relevant leverage points in the agricultural system
- Access to various online classes for personal growth (R, Python, GIS, Remote Sensing classes)
- Potential to become further involved with Climate Farmers and hired as an employee