What You'll Do:
- Develop SQL to transform the raw data produced by the farm into a comprehensive data warehouse as the authoritative source for all facts about the business.
- Build automated reporting which effectively draws attention to important information and helps decision makers understand our priorities.
- Partner with other functional areas to develop metrics, understand analytical needs, and interpret results about our crops and our business.
- Collaborate on the design and creation of data tools and decision frameworks used by our farm operators, agricultural scientists, and sales team to drive positive change.
- Build and use statistical and algorithmic models to proactively surface and predict relationships in data.
- Contribute to Bowery’s data-driven culture, and influence best practices.
What You'll Have:
- You are fluent in SQL, have opinions about a well-designed database, and know how to deal with data too big to analyze in-memory.
- You are comfortable working in a highly technical team: contributing through version control, peer-reviewing code, and managing processes in production.
- You are comfortable being the technical resource for non-technical teams: translating business needs to technical requirements, communicating quantitative observations to make the teams around us more effective and well-informed.
- You’ve got a natural attention to detail and drive for order that yields accuracy and reliability in the data you work with.
- You can own the critical trust-based relationship with our internal stakeholders.
- You have experience in and a passion for visualizing data to tell clear stories and support decision making.
- You have some familiarity with data science languages like R or python, and enjoy learning more.
- You’re confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
Food & Agriculture
Plant-Rich Diets, Vertical Farming