Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
As our Director, Compensation & Benefits, you will develop and deliver creative global compensation and benefits programs balancing business needs and employee experience. This position is an exciting opportunity to develop strategies from the ground up that will further drive employee performance, positive business results, and reward employees for their success.
- Design and implement global benefits, recognition, and compensation programs, including base pay, short- and long-term incentive plans, sales compensation, and executive compensation.
- Understand internal trends and competitive market intelligence, anticipate and navigate the impact to our pay philosophy.
- Act as the primary administrator for our employee health insurance plans (medical, dental, and vision), 401K plan, short-term disability plan, life insurance plan, workers compensation, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts, employee wellness program, and other benefits plans to ensure we are competitive and compliant in benefit offerings.
- Partner with the People Team on job offers, compensation solutions, job evaluations, promotions, annual reviews, immigration visa and Green Card processing, recognition and reward strategies.
- Supervise the design, implementation and evolution of Spin’s sales incentive programs.
- Oversee benefit system administration processes to ensure data integrity across multiple systems and providers.
- Develop insightful campaigns and trainings for employees and ensure that they are getting the most out of their company-sponsored programs.
- Lead the design and development of salary ranges, job structures, and job levels based on external market data and lead the delivery of Company's compensation review process.
- Ensure company policies and protocols are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, examples: ERISA, ACA-related, HIPPA, records management, etc. Maintain a solid knowledge of federal, state regulations and global labor laws that may affect compensation and benefits policies, compliance, and reporting.
- 8+ years of designing, implementing and leading general compensation, sales compensation, executive compensation, benefits administration, and recognition programs. Global experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech and startup industry experience highly desired.
- Knowledgeable of US regulatory pay requirements.
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills.
- High EQ, low ego, solid communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to independently craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications with top level company executives.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills, especially related to building compelling Google Slides/PowerPoint presentations and communicating decisions to executive leadership
- CBP and/or CCP certification is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.