Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin is in search of the most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Leaders are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
Our engineering team consists of engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Be a highly Technical Director with deep experience in systems, product and software.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Define and drive the development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams.
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information and re-prioritizing as needed.
- Manage engineers and managers working to build, scale, and deploy all software.
- Own the process to build and maintain a well-oiled engineering team.
- Partner closely with the Product, Operations, Data and Hardware teams.
- Be an effective people manager.
- Help engineers and managers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance.
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and onboarding new employees.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering, including 5+ years experience managing product and software engineering teams.
- Knowledge of engineering systems, growth, data science and analytics.
- Process oriented and results driven.
- Experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management and managing managers/engineers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.