Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
As the Director of Procurement your primary responsibility will be to build, lead and manage a procurement operation spanning the entire Spin company, including software acquisition, global service contracts, operational supplies and corporate procurement. This involves developing a strategic approach for the enterprise procurement management process to purchase direct and indirect product and services, and assessing the current and future state vendor and supply chain management landscape to scope and achieve financial/strategic objectives. You will also be our key leader to develop joint global purchasing programs with Ford.
Ideal candidates will ultimately balance vendor management responsibilities, while also setting and delivering a vision for new programs and high impact projects. The candidate must work effectively within cross-functional teams in finance, IT, operations, product, engineering, business and legal. The successful candidate must be effective at working in a fast-paced and complex environment as well as confident and collaborative in their interactions with senior executives, and business partners. Critical to this role is the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, with both internal and external stakeholders. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance at Spin.
- Own the Procurement function at Spin and work-cross functionally to establish the right framework processes and team structure to drive the organization towards success
- Deliver cost savings on material contracts spanning from purchasing software, supplies to technology services and contract outsourcing
- Build relationships with key vendors and cultivate these partnerships for Spin globally
- Create global sourcing programs for various components (software, supplies, van leases, facilities rental, labor and services outsourcing)
- Lead RFP processes and build methods of assessing the best suppliers both on qualitative and quantitative metrics, understanding financial imperatives and long term value to Spin
- Partner strategically with Ford to create joint economies of scale and leverage their vendor relationships at Spin
- Manage the PR/PO and vendor creation/approval process and drive process improvements
- Expand our supplier business globally/internationally (focus on NA, Europe and Asia)
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Logistics/Supply chain or related field
- Typically 8+ years of procurement or similar experience, working with vendors and assessing new opportunities
- Self-starter and track record of driving the success of the procurement organization and build new frameworks for the organization
- Strategic understanding vendor relationships and demonstrated ability to cultivate them
- Global and International sourcing experience is a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Executives on large $1M+ contracts
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.