Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin’s Community Partnerships Managers are responsible for owning and maintaining strong relationships with diverse organizations throughout their market region. The work completed by the Community Partnerships team is critical to the fulfillment of Spin’s Partnership Promise and other high-value company initiatives. The Midwest Community Partnerships Manager will be responsible for overseeing all community engagement activities in key Midwest markets and will manage a hardworking team. We are looking for a results-oriented business development professional based in Chicago to contribute substantially to our high-growth, collaborative environment.
- Help Spin expand its products and services in new cities and existing markets.
- Build a strategy for the Midwest region that enables Spin to meet key objectives related to equity, safety, and community engagement.
- Tailor messaging to convey the benefits of new mobility options to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Create business leads via direct outreach, events, and digital campaigns, and convert inbound inquiries into partners.
- Understand and cultivate unique perspectives on micromobility with strategic partners and establish robust opportunities to collaborate with Spin.
- Support leadership in tracking the Midwest region’s progress via CRM software and other tools.
- Create new pathways to customize and deliver Spin’s message.
- Contribute to a strong department and company culture.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- 8+ years of experience in business development, sales, strategic partnerships, or government relations.
- 1-2 years building and managing a results-oriented team.
- Ability to discover, qualify, and execute partnerships with diverse organizations across multiple markets.
- Strategic thinker capable of designing engagement playbooks on an ongoing basis.
- Savvy technologist with previous experience in transportation, gov tech, smart cities, or urban planning. Experience with leading-edge mobility technology is a plus.
- Dynamic interpersonal and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to give public presentations to diverse audiences - existing local network is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of correspondence.
- Confident converting leads to partners with a collaborative approach.
- Strong project management skills and great attention to detail.
- Skilled with Salesforce, spreadsheets, and other data management tools.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.