Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Our engineering team consists of engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
You will join the team of Backend Engineers and Mobile Engineers to build the Web Application and Mobile App collaborating with the Product Manager, Design team and Engineering Manager.
- Collaborate with other developers and Product teams.
- Prepare and maintain the design documents.
- Extend our Web Application platform and Mobile Application with current technology stack.
- Build for scale, availability, performance and security across the stack.
- Build the components, pattern and framework for maintainability and scalability.
- Deliver quality software through comprehensive code reviews and automated testing.
- Coach and partner with other software engineers on best practices.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in professional software development.
- React experience or equivalent such as Vue and Angular.
- Experience with programming languages with Ruby on Rails or Java or similar languages.
- Experience modern tech frontend technology, workflows, build and deployment techniques such as responsive, CSS preprocessors, asset packaging libraries such as Webpack or Parcel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, great collaborator.
- You are a self-starter and be able to collaborate with team team to deliver the product.
- Mobile development experience with React Native.
- Experience with 3rd party Map integrations such as Mapbox.
- Experience integrating with graph and report visualization and representation of real time data in Web Application, using libraries such as D3.
- Experience building with APIs with GraphQL, RESTful APIs or OAuth2.
- Familiar working with Cloud environments such as AWS.
- Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.