Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin Product Managers lead the definition and the roadmap for our products. We are looking for a creative Product Manager to innovate and execute strategic payment product initiatives for our fast growing, multi-disciplinary, and highly analytical company.
- Lead and establish a shared product vision for our payments product across functional teams, from engineers, designers, analysts, operations team, and other partners.
- Research and become a specialist on the complex payments space including familiarizing with payment processors, tax partners as well as 3rd party risk products.
- Develop a broad knowledge of the systems involved and use that to drive creative solutions. This includes building delightful payment experiences that keep risk in check.
- Own and socialize roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of partners including but not limited to cities, government partnerships and operations teams.
- Collaborate with the rest of the product team, in particular the consumer rider mobile app product managers and designers to bring compelling user experiences to market.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a product manager, leading consumer product experience which includes designing user facing features. Transactional experience is preferred.
- Comfortable defining, tracking, storing, and analyzing metrics that showcase the success of our products, in collaboration with our Data analysts.
- Knows and understands the payments and finance ecosystem, trends in the space and has developed seamless payments experiences.
- Passionate about mobility and transportation.
- Strong verbal/presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to identify the best possible outcome for the customer.
- Ability to make things happen around you.
- Ability to handle feature ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Strong communication and intuition for strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, and to external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand technical matters outside of personal areas of expertise, and synthesize them for broad discussions.
- Ability to listen, and build consensus across a large matrixed organization to handle user problems, achieve objectives and deliver results.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Technical background, including but not limited to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.