Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
The software engineering team at Spin is looking for an experienced program manager to guide and orchestrate complex software product development. You will be working closely with the operations, R&D & other business teams to plan, align, organize and execute on software development to bring innovative micro-mobility solutions to market in a timely and efficient manner. You will coordinate with multiple cross functional teams and other program managers to define various software activities that align with our operations and business teams to further the mission critical business objectives of Spin.
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple large cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop program schedules, milestones, stakeholder dependencies, and risk analysis/mitigation to meet business and technical team objectives.
- Oversee the rhythm of the business: define meeting and status update structure and cadence, define governance structure, assign criticality to initiatives, work with other program managers to determine dates and resourcing to ensure effective execution of initiatives.
- Use data to make informed decisions quickly. Identify patterns of behavior to make holistic changes to programs.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and good at facilitating conversations between product, engineering, and business stakeholders.
- Identify and engage multi-functional partners for product definition decisions.
- Collaborate with product management and other departments to validate engineering requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience; Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of program management experience with cross-organizational impact, managing technical projects and shipping complex software products.
- Track record of managing initiatives that span multiple teams and stakeholders and delivering value effectively.
- Demonstrated structural, repeatable approach in solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a clear, compelling way.
- Ability to drive decisive action in partnership with others within a mid-sized organization.
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills, to balance strategy and execution.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.