Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin is looking for an experienced Systems Architect to help lead the effort to define its next generation of infrastructure and systems which will help service our ever growing fleet of devices in the field. You will be expected to drive the strategy and execution for solutions that will help us scale in an efficient, cost effective, and redundant manner across cloud providers. You will be expected to help guide the definition and establishment of best practices for infrastructure and SRE teams and work with the service engineering managers to hire and mentor these teams. This is a self driven role where you are expected to look at the business needs and prioritize your efforts to help achieve company goals.
- Define and develop the cloud architecture for Spin’s infrastructure.
- Define and develop protocols for how SRE activities are setup and conducted.
- Design and architect tooling to make the software development teams more efficient and productive.
- Design and develop scalable and practical CI/CD solutions to improve release confidence and reliability.
- Define and execute on processes to guide the team in getting better at the devops maturity model.
- Architect resilient and fault tolerant systems to handle a large scale distributed and unreliable set of IoT devices.
- 15+ years experience as a systems administrator and infrastructure or service engineer.
- 10+ years experience in cloud providers like AWS or GCP.
- Experience leading and helping build out distributes SRE teams.
- Deep experience with k8s, container technologies and toolchains.
- Deep experience supporting distributed systems and leading teams.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.