Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
As a Systems Engineer for the Advanced Manufacturing and Development team, you will be responsible for driving the development for the next generation of Spin vehicle platforms. To succeed at this role, you will be working alongside engineering to bring forth new products that are different from the core business of Spin. You will need to have a strong technical foundation and understanding of the overall systems such as mechanical, electrical and firmware. Come join and help Spin bring forth the next generation of vehicles that will give people the freedom to move!
- Support the introduction of new hardware technologies by performing system level validation focused on areas of performance, reliability, repairability and safety.
- Become an expert in electric vehicle powertrain (Battery, Controller, Motor) to be able to spec out appropriate systems for new products.
- Manage overseas suppliers for delivery and execution of the products ensuring cost, timeline and quality are up to Spin standard.
- Drive JDM/ODM suppliers to ensure adherence to Spin requirements and standards
- Test and validate new hardware systems and provide technical assessment of hardware capabilities and risk.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on system level hardware bring up and integration from backend to hardware deployment in the market.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an electro- mechanical manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience driving overseas manufacturing partners to bring reliable products to market
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling software (Solidworks a plus)
- Experience with product development from concept to mass production
- Experience sourcing various manufacturing partners and validating the facility capabilities in regards to quality, engineering capability and production volumes.
- Knowledge of electric vehicle systems including but not limited to lithium ion batteries, controller, motors and wiring a plus
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically(15%)
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.