At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are looking for an exceptional Sales Trainer to help plan, design and deliver educational programs for our sales teams at Volta.
The Sales Trainer responsibilities include conducting skills gap analysis, preparing learning material for sales processes and evaluating results after each training session. For this role, you will work closely with our salespeople to identify challenges they face on-the-job and align training programs with Volta products, selling skills, and market segments.
Volta employs a consultative sales approach, and expertise here is essential. The candidate will bring techniques here to further our ability to structure sales pitch strategy, overcoming objections, and adapt our value proposition as the business grows. Ultimately, you will help increase the overall performance of our sales teams and ensure they have the skills to achieve their goals.
This position is based in San Francisco (though can be flexible) and reports to the Director of Sales Operations.
- Lead the design, delivery, effectiveness, and continuous improvement of quality sales training programs
- Design onboarding process for new hires of the sales organization
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to drive onboarding improvements
- Develop, contribute, and help maintain sales enablement resources and materials including sales playbooks, learning paths, certification programs, and a content library
- Schedule individual and team training plans on a regular basis
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs
- Manage a blended learning model to include in-person, webinar, self-paced, and event-based training
- Evaluate sales team performance to ensure incorporation of taught techniques
- Report on training program effectiveness
- Monitor Slack, emails, and other online or offline sales channels to respond to sales questions/comments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-5 years of direct experience in sales training or sales enablement
- Experience in sales or managing sales teams preferred
- Extensive knowledge of sales training best practices, processes, and technologies
- An ability to manage projects from concept to completion and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior understanding of sales methodologies, sales processes, and buyer’s journey alignment
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM, Confluence/Jira and MS Office
- Strong strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Additional certification in training is a plus