we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city. unu is an urban mobility brand based in Berlin. Our first product was the unu Scooter Classic, an electric scooter with portable batteries and was launched in 2014. Our products are sold both directly to consumers and business customers, making them accessible to everyone and resulting in fair prices by eluding dealership costs. In 2019, we launched the second generation of our scooter: The unu Scooter was designed inhouse and completely re-developed with our partners in Germany. The new scooter offers space for two people, as well as the largest storage space and one of the fastest acceleration values in the electric scooter segment. With its own app and integrated display, it also offers innovative smart features such as navigation, theft protection and digital key sharing.After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and France, unu is now expanding into further European countries. With already more than 100 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Intern for our Marketing & Communications Team to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin. THE ROLE
As the Marketing Communication Intern you will be part of unu's German marketing and communications team. Your work will be instrumental in the development and execution of our PR plans and marketing strategies. The main goal in this job is to facilitate the smooth running of our daily operations and the success of our marketing and communication efforts, including the support of campaigns, performance and email marketing, social media, and consumer PR.The internship shall last for 6 months.
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) updated
- Participate in brainstormings and planning sessions
- Assist in organizing and executing events, campaigns etc.
- Conduct research on relevant trends and topics to support PR planning
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases
- Support relations with stakeholders, media, vendors etc.
- Manage day-to-day social media activities and community management
- Assist in monitoring & reporting social media coverage and PR metrics
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
- Help planning and executing influencer-driven cooperations
- Join PR calls and help drive reportings and briefings
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. We’d really like if you bring us the following:
- You are studying for / recently graduated from a degree in media, marketing, communications or any other related field and / or initial experience in PR and marketing
- You are a team player with high initiative, linguistic talent and very good communication skills
- You are interested in the urban, lifestyle and mobility sector with a good understanding of the German start-up and media landscape
- You are at home in the social media landscape and understand how different channels work
- You have great writing skills in German and English and a keen sense for storytelling with the ability to tailor communication based on its purpose and audience type
- You possess organizational talent, reliability, creativity, willingness to learn and commitment as well as a quick grasp and ability to work independently
- A highly diverse and vibrant group of people with a strong cultural bond, flat hierarchy, with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- You will get your own company unu Scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- Fair salary in order to cover your living expenses
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg (when not remote)
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals
Are you ready to join our team? Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please send us: -
A short motivational letter-
Your CV, or a link to your updated profile on Linkedin, Xing, etc.