We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to help us develop cutting edge hardware that will power our next generation vehicles. In this position, you will work with engineering design, supplier quality and reliability to shepherd our hardware designs from first prototypes to high volume, mass production.
If you're interested in building cutting edge hardware to enable the future of transportation, then let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide direction to contract manufacturers and suppliers; represent manufacturing on projects while serving as a technical resource to cross-functional teams
- Drive failure analysis, equipment, and process issue resolution when working with contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Develop manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and calibration equipment to execute on early stage prototype builds
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to train engineering technicians and operators on early prototype builds
- Work with the Program, Quality, Design, and Purchasing teams to plan and support product development, track timelines, and ensure projects land on-time
- Design, implement and successfully scale automated, semi-automated, and manual assembly and/or manufacturing processes
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues and implement automation where possible
- Serve as an embodiment of Cruise values
- Responsibilities within the below functions:
- Early and ongoing DFM support to ensure new products are mechanically and electronically manufacturable
- Responsible from prototype to production and provides production support to CM’s and suppliers
- Design and develop complex processes targeting OEE improvements while using statistical analysis to qualify and validate process
- Design for Manufacturability
- Product Engineering
- Process Engineering
What you must have:
- BS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Mix of hands-on skills and vendor management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Manufacturing experience in a high volume environment
- Proven track record landing complex projects on time
- Experience managing outside manufacturing partners
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing line setup, validation, and SPC
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration
- MS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience with Altium and reviewing board layouts
- Experience in firmware flashing and deployment
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.