Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!About the Role:
As the Senior Product Manager, Operations, you will lead the roadmap and strategy for our warehouse and last mile delivery operations. This role plays a critical part in Imperfect Food’s customer experience and innovation in waste reduction and sustainability. We are looking for someone passionate about sustainable food systems and who enjoys innovating on complex problems at the intersection of software, hardware and human beings. This role will work closely with an Operations staff across the country, Engineering, and IT.
- Create and deliver an ambitious Operations Technology strategy grounded in customer insights and that creates long-term customer value.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your stakeholders, establishing alignment and clear prioritization.
- Partner with your Engineering Manager to lead and empower a team of engineers that deliver value quickly.
- Define features and functionality based on feedback and research, and provide clear requirements for your team.
- Identify the wide-ranging implications for each product feature and problem-solve across the entire organization. Anticipate problems before they impact teams.
- Connect your work to the broader outcomes of the business through detailed modeling and analysis.
- Lead other product managers by the example you set and the results you achieve; influence our product processes, principles and overall strategy.
- Travel to warehouse facilities as necessary to ensure good partner relationships and seamless project execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Consistent track record of delivering successful features from inception through launch and impacting the metrics of a business in an obvious and measurable way.
- Ability to influence and inspire your team by storytelling the problems to solve and presenting a vision for what you want to achieve.
- Establishing baselines, setting SMART goals, and measuring success is second nature to you.
- Technical proficiency across the whole stack -- you can keep up with engineering discussions, even though you also know what you don’t know.
- Ability to speak fluently with different departmental cultures, such as Operations, Merchandising and Finance.
- Previous experience working on operations technology.
- We’re remote first, so strong written and verbal communication skills are vital.
- Cool as a cucumber - you prefer thinking over reacting.
- Hyper-organized - in your thoughts and how you communicate.
- Execution-oriented - you like ideas, but you like execution even better.
- Customer focused and data-informed.
- Curious, hardworking, and positive.
- Personally aligned with our mission to eliminate food waste.
- History of working with real-world logistics, especially within grocery
- Previous experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) (Manhattan), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (NetSuite), and last mile routing and delivery systems (Onfleet).
- Proven experience building internal tools.
- Prior experience building third party integrations.
Details of Position:
- Position reports to Group Product Manager, Merchandising and Operations
- Full-time, exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, and free groceries!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.