Volta is building a nation-wide network of free-to-use EV chargers. We place our stations at the highest profile locations within a city and our advertising sponsors provide charging as a free, open-access service, both to support the growing EV community and to inspire people to switch to a sustainable mode of transportation. Our unique sponsored services model combines digital, real-world advertising with EV charging in a new and unique way. With Volta, everyone wins. And above all, your work will impact the way the world moves to a greener environment.
At Volta, we’re passionate about working with companies that are moving the EV industry forward through service, technology, and media innovation. The ideal candidate shares this passion and is ready to liaise with our expanding client roster of marque retailers and property owners. We are looking for an outstanding Director of Account Management to join our expanding Site Sales team to help support our rapidly growing business.
Volta site partners are a diverse mix of property owners including retailers, traditional malls, mixed-use and lifestyle shopping venues, sports arenas, and entertainment locations that are high visibility locations in large metro areas across the country.
As the Director of Account Management, you will be responsible for an expanding team of impressive Account Managers, Sales Engineers, and BDRs. This is an outstanding opportunity to get broad exposure and provide significant impact in managing and growing all aspects of our highly entrepreneurial EV charging business.
We are currently seeking a commercially focused, results-oriented Head of Account Management based in the San Francisco or the Los Angeles metro area, who will report to our SVP of Site Sales.
- You will grow, lead and mentor a team of Account Managers, Sales Engineers, BDRs to maximize customer engagement, improve sales cycles, and win business
- Support ongoing growth and development, including recruiting, hiring, training, and mentoring, working with your team on account planning and implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Report on account activities, drive best practices and coach the team on strategies to reach their goals through well-defined processes
- Build team culture and manage a team to perform against sales, retention and up-sell targets
- Assist account managers to create data-driven proposals for site partners
- Meet revenue quotas and achieve key performance metrics and goals related to pipeline creation and meaningful customer engagement; participate in customer meetings and help define strong business cases
- Identify and communicate clear roles and responsibilities of team members establishing clear expectations
- Works cross functionally with the Operations team to ensure all information needed for construction and installation has been transmitted accurately and timely
- Ongoing monitoring of deals and helping to keep sales executives informed as to timing for construction, deal modifications, etc.
- Drive the process of quarterly business reviews and check in points with key clients
- Escalate issues that may arise to ensure our partners obtain the best experience possible
- Partner with Sales Operations to create a sales operations plan and processes that will scale
- 7+ years of Sales experience with at least a few years in Enterprise sales, working with F500 companies
- Experience managing, building, and developing cross-functional teams
- Experience as a high-performing people manager with a track record of building and leading high performing teams
- Experience leading regular Account Management team meetings and one-on-ones with managers; orchestrate skill development and build best practice guidelines
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Detail oriented, and able to drive organizational rigorExceptionally self-motivated
- Salesforce experience managing leads, opportunities, and tasks are essential
- Solid project management skills are required and ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Extremely resourceful and be willing to take initiative without excessive oversight
- Solid business judgment and excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, MS Office, Google Apps and Mapping skills
- In-depth knowledge of property management, lease agreements, and site planning a strong plus