Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
As the Director of Finance your primary responsibility will be to lead, grow and develop the financial teams and function at Spin including both Strategic Finance and FP&A. This role requires strategic vision for how finance partners with the business, operations and support teams to instill financial discipline and profitable growth for the company. You will also be a key liaison between Senior Leadership/Finance at Ford and Spin.
The candidate must work effectively within cross-functional teams across the business to build value and assess the strategic use of resources across the organization. The successful candidate must be effective at working in a fast-paced and sophisticated environment as well as be confident and collaborative in their interactions with senior executives, and business partners. Critical to this role is the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels, with both internal and external partners. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance at Spin and one level to the CEO.
- Create a vision of Finance and FP&A at Spin, adding new value for Spin and establish the team as a key thought partner across the organization.
- Lead a growing team of 5-7 experienced finance professionals and expand our financial team internationally (initial focus on North America and Europe).
- Own and drive the budgeting, five-year plan and 10-year strategic vision plans, process and modeling.
- Promote a culture of financial discipline supported by detailed ROI analysis and post-mortem reviews throughout the company.
- Drive Long-term customer value (LTV) analyses for projects.
- Partner with Executives on managing their budget and report performance/insights to Senior Leadership and Ford Board members.
- Collaborate cross-functional to help shape our domestic and international expansion and manage our market portfolio towards increased profitability.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of Finance, investment banking, analytics, financial consulting or similar experience.
- Self-starter and track record of driving the success of the finance organization and building new frameworks for the organization.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Proven track record of partnering with Executives on large organizational initiatives.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.