At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this internship
The Media Development Intern (Media Development) will be responsible for setting up and running experiments to develop cell culture media formulations. This laboratory-based position requires performing cell culture work on a daily basis followed by various cell assays. The intern will help with the gathering, analysis, and interpretation of the data and may be asked to present findings to the Media Development Team. You should be creative, enthusiastic, and a self-manager.
- Animal cell/tissue culture techniques including thawing, subculturing, and freezing
- Producing cell culture media prototypes
- Set up and execute experiments -- with guidance from team/project lead
- Producing, collecting and managing experimental data collection
- Works across traditional and high throughput cell culture platforms at multiple scales
- Refines existing procedures for relevant areas
- Maintains laboratory notebooks with detailed notes, experimental designs, and results
- Final year of earning a BS in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or closely related science or a completed BS in the above fields
- Working knowledge or hands-on experience of cell culture processes
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving, and cross-functional environment
- Comfortable developing scientific knowledge base by learning new methods from peers, seminars and scientific literature.
- Fosters a team environment collaborating scientifically with team members
- Maintains laboratory notebooks with detailed experimental designs and results
Length of internship