At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this internship
Memphis Meats is looking for an enthusiastic and dependable People Ops Intern who wants to jumpstart their career and learn from an amazing team of Recruiting and Learning & Development professionals. This candidate will learn to be an organizational guru, work effectively across teams, possess great communication skills, and use the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice, and enjoys the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
You will gain exposure to many facets of Human Resources, including Recruiting, Learning and Development, Culture and Engagement, New Hire Onboarding and Orientation, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, and much more.
- Sourcing: finding and building networks of talent and university pipelines to feed into our growing industry
- Nurture talent: help maintain database of qualified talent who may fit future mission-critical positions as Memphis Meats grows
- Coordinating: aiding in the first steps of the interview process, including outreach and scheduling interviews
- Learning & Development
- Developing learning & development success metrics and methods for gathering data
- Coordinate and support creation of e-learning content for Memphis Meats employees
- Culture & Engagement
- Attend People Engagement Program (PEP) meetings and carry out PEP action plans surrounding mental health sustainability, workplace culture, and ensuring we are living up to our company values
- Assisting in carrying out Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council initiatives
- You possess strong intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness with a bias for action!
- You communicate effectively, and can develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- You strive to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- You enjoy building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- You are interested in creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- You actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels (and you want to help others do the same!)
Length of internship