At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
Volta Construction Managers play an essential role not only in the Operations department but also to the overall organization. As a Construction Manager at Volta you will coordinate project feasibility studies, all aspects of site construction, and final site commissioning.
The ideal candidate has an established track record managing infrastructure projects on schedule (up to thirty projects at one time across multiple geographic areas), while adhering to high quality standards and demonstrating clear-headed problem solving and mastery of the tactical details for each project. Bring your passion, drive, and energy to this opportunity to have a major impact in a company that is shaping the future of transportation.
This position can be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or the Pacific Northwest and will report to the Director of Construction Operations, West.
- Manage new opportunities by acquiring and clearly presenting information that supports the firm in making calculated decisions as to where, when, and how the next Volta Charging Station installation takes place
- Establish, train and maintain 3rd party relationships (engineers, installers, contractors, supply vendors and maintenance teams)
- Manage the smooth progression of each construction project from a feasibility study to engineering and permitting and then the installation and commissioning of the stations
- Own the scope, schedule and budget for your projects and be cognizant of cost implications, making recommendations which benefit the bottom line
- Forecast, schedule deployment, and manage all components of highly complex installations
- Review and approve construction bids and change orders; provide support as needed to the general contractor during all phases of construction
- Evaluate new technology and help decide how we continue to improve our charging stations and the overall customer experience
- 5+ years, construction management or site development preferred
- Extensive experience in managing multiple, simultaneous projects each with multiple contractors involved; prior work in telecom/solar/retail development is desirable
- Regular travel (50%-75%) is something you enjoy, as you’ll be spending time on each site throughout the deployment process
- Meticulous with project details and diligent in finding solutions, and can easily point to a track record of success in this area
- Eager to work in an environment that requires changing pace, redirecting your thinking, and embracing new procedures is exciting to you
- Scrappy and entrepreneurial and achieve results with far fewer resources than a big company would have
- Confident working remotely and operating independently (Volta HQ is in San Francisco)
- Knowledge and experience with EV charging systems and electrical infrastructure is a plus
- This position requires significant time driving. Valid driving license required. Acceptable driving history required for three years pre-employment, and continuing while employed