At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking a Director of Digital Marketing to join our growing Marketing team to help us create strategies and programs that successfully target our marketing efforts toward our property partners, brand sponsors, and the EV charging public. This individual will be responsible for developing strategies and initiatives that leverage the latest digital marketing technologies in building Volta’s brand.
As the first of its kind for the organization, you will have the opportunity to develop all digital programs from the ground up. You will work closely with the ever growing Marketing, Sales, Product and Operations teams to ensure Volta is effectively integrating, and scaling, the digital marketing program.
As the hub of Volta’s digital ecosystem, you will work cross-departmentally to develop strategies that increase awareness and drive demand. You will be a significant contributor to Volta’s brand growth. This is an opportunity to drive meaningful positive change in the world.
This role is based in San Francisco and will report directly to the CMO.
- Develop Volta’s Digital Marketing strategy and programs from the ground up
- Lead the design and development of Volta’s digital marketing platforms including website, CRM integration, lead nurturing, lead scoring and digital advertising
- Manage and run day to day operations of Volta’s website
- Map and optimize the customer journey across all digital platforms
- Develop and manage a team of outside contractors and agencies
- Develop long-term plans for new digital marketing system platforms and functionality
- Define, optimize, and report the success metrics across digital platforms and formulate reporting around this to measure performance
- Become an expert on new digital marketing tools to ensure that Volta is always ahead of the competition and experimenting with the latest and greatest in the industry
- Develop and run Volta’s email marketing system and program, all done in-house
- Oversee the development and implementation of SEO and SEM strategies
- Work closely with the Product team to synchronize how new products/features are seamlessly integrated into Volta’s website
- Develop digital advertising campaigns that seamlessly weave together and optimize each step in the funnel
- Manage sponsored content across social media channels
- Drive high-impact product launches across Volta’s digital platforms
- Partner with Communications and Design to drive the continued modernization and expansion Volta’s website
- Support the launch of new products, promotions and features across Volta’s digital ecosystem
- Work closely with Operations and Sales to ensure Volta’s digital systems are effectively capturing and measuring feedback from the field
- Ensure that Volta follows best practices with regards to data handling and GDPR compliance
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Experience managing a diverse range of projects related to website development, performance marketing, CRM / website integration, lead management, mass email, SEM, SEO
- Exceptional analytics abilities that have driven key organizational insights
- Experience building international digital programs that support localized marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while operating against tight deadlines
- Record of working effectively with diverse cross-functional teams
- Superb attention to detail and ability to make cogent arguments
- Effective presenter, able to extract and present actionable insights
- Experience with the latest digital marketing tools
- Experience working with developers and the ability to quickly turn creative ideas into reality across digital platforms
- Passion for driving change and making this world a better place
- Problem solver with a talent for approaching complex challenges with a positive outlook
- Experience working within a startup and evolving a brand