Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About you:
You are an established program owner who loves eliminating defects by identifying and correcting the upstream root cause. You effectively balance building long term solutions to fully eliminate the issue with creating near term stopgap solutions that minimize the defect impact. In partnership with Operations, Product, Data Science and Process Improvement, you will drive company-wide efficiency and service improvements. You use data to tackle broad, ambiguous questions to ensure a best-in-class experience for Convoy’s shippers and carriers. You can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment and are excited to help Convoy understand, measure, and improve the quality of service we deliver. If you think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Own key operational metrics and create a multi-quarter roadmap that iteratively optimizes execution within Convoy’s shared work model.
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor operations performance. Perform complex data analysis to identify opportunities and inform priorities.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to increase service levels by minimizing waste and addressing person, product or process root causes. Play a key role in driving a culture of process control and operational excellence.
- Innovate on behalf of our operations associates to ensure that the programs you are driving maximize their mindshare by empowering the operations team with the tools, time, and focus to constantly exceed our customers’ expectations.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Statistics, or other quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience in process improvement, program management, quality, statistics or process control.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Skilled at leveraging Excel or Google Sheets to analyze business information, create dashboards, and track key business metrics. SQL, statistical tools, and Tableau experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Experience in a variety of process design and improvement techniques, including Lean and Six Sigma. Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Superior organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Preference for experience in a startup environment.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!