Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About you:You are a strong manager who is eager to get your foot in the door at a rapidly growing startup and can demonstrate the ability to excel in an intense, dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with the Operations Managers and Team Leads, you’ll oversee the efficient use and sharing of our labor to deliver the best service to our customers. Beyond your daily responsibilities for execution, you’ll partner with teams across Convoy to improve the utilization of our Operations capacity to maximize margins and service levels.
- Maintain our short-term and near-term Labor Capacity Planning tools.
- Work out labor sharing plans and priorities throughout the day accurately and on time.
- Set daily goals and labor plans to keep teams operating within SLAs and capacity thresholds.
- Publish weekly labor planning priorities.
- Partner with Operations Leadership on capacity planning opportunities and strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketplace Operations to mitigate and resolve Operations capacity issues.
- Monitor and report out on overall Capacity plans vs. actuals (i.e., shift wash).
- Attend and participate in all Forecasting & Capacity Meetings.
- Troubleshoot and enhance any Capacity planning and management solutions.
- Partner with teams across our offices on the execution of strategic initiatives to address critical business issues or opportunities
- Work with our product and engineering team to make improvements that increase efficiency and help us serve customers
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's degree
- A minimum 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Incredible ability to multi-task and juggle priorities for multiple stakeholders
- Program and Project Management experience holding team members accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for data with a knack for process improvement
- The ability to be scrappy; willing to dive in and do what’s needed, regardless of whether it’s in the job description
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Self-motivation; Able to work unaided and think creatively to deliver results
Nice to haves:
- Technical skills in SQL, Excel, and/or data visualization
- Labor or Production modeling experience
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!