Root AI is a robotics company dedicated to solving the biggest challenges facing the indoor farming industry. Today's industrial greenhouses are modern marvels of efficiency and sustainability. These farms are making fresh, locally grown, and nutritious produce available year-round. We're on a mission to create advanced robotic systems that can see, care for, and harvest these crops.
As a small startup, everything we do has to be exceptional. Every member of the team plays a critical role, and every decision we make matters,
so we hire with that in mind. Our hardware staff is currently over 75% NEU Mechanical Engineering alumni who know the challenges and strengths
of an experiential education, to help you grow in skill while making meaningful engineering contributions to our product. This spring we are looking
for passionate and talented professionals with a love for robotics to join our engineering team. Individuals should have an interdisciplinary approach
to problem solving with the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Your unique perspective and skills will be used to help Root AI advance the
growing field of agricultural robotics.
- Develop test fixtures, parts and assemblies for novel robotic fruit and vegetable handling tools
- Design and execute physical characterization tests for grasp targets and system components
- Participate in full lifecycle product design from concept brainstorming to production and operations
- Support team members' mechanical incorporation of major sub-systems (such as machine vision, computation, battery and charging systems)
- Select and integrate mechanics, sensing, actuators, and controls to create robotic systems
- Design and run system level robot test routines to validate performance and lifetime specs
- Develop simulation models and firmware to support hardware development and testing
- Design and implement automation systems for Root AI in-house test farm
- Capable of achieving fast-paced milestones by constantly assessing the tradeoffs between
speed of implementation, cost, and alignment with engineering requirements
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills, with attention to detail and documentation
- Currently studying for BS or MS in Mechanical or Robotics Engineering
- Experience creating and manipulating large, complex Solidworks models including but not limited to use of weldments, sheet metal, and surface modeling.
- Physical prototyping experience such as machine shop, 3D printing and laser cutting
Root AI's Co-op program is rolling admission, so please submit your application as early as possible for consideration!