Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us make the best possible micro mobility vehicles. You will be in charge of Fleet Lifecycle projects where your team will build the platform to support the operational needs, maintain and enhance the backbone business logic layer to support the fleet operations. The area of software development includes backend server side communication layer to IoT service, business logic to handle operations, internal facing Web Application and Mobile app used by operations team.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of engineers, focusing on coaching and managing for success.
- Build and deliver scalable, secure and resilient applications and services.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Manage status and visibility of projects across relevant organization scope.
- Plan for long term growth, help recruit, develop and retain excellent engineering talent.
- Partner with product management, data analytics, operations and engineering leaders to build and deliver roadmap of your team.
- Prepare technical system and software design documents supporting implementation.
- Lead technical design conversations and implementation of platform services & components.
- Define and execute on technical strategy for the team and contribute towards long term growth and product plans.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant experience.
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 6 or more engineers.
- Experience guiding a team through development life-cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Ability to lead and manage geographically dispersed engineering team.
- Strong server side application and services development proficiency using Ruby on Rails or experience developing with Java or Python preferred.
- Experience with Mobile application development.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL database technologies.
- Experience with working with Cloud environments such as AWS and GCP.
- Data driven approach to feature development.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills using fundamentals of computer science.
- Ability to design, develop, deploy and maintain the large scale applications.
- Deep understanding of OOD, Web Services/REST, HTTP and security.
- Experience with software development in IoT domain.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.