Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- The Director of Information Technology position reports to the Head of the Digital Sciences and Technologies department and is responsible for the leadership of the IT environment, strategy, coordination, overall integrity of Joyn’s day-to-day IT infrastructure and operations across 3 physical locations.
- Create and design a comprehensive cross-site IT strategy and architecture to match information flows, business and scientific requirements, goals and needs.
- Oversee and drive all adoption of end user productivity tools, infrastructure and networking projects, implementations, changes, and/or upgrades to systems or technologies;
- Research and recommend new technologies for security, hardware, software and tools.
- Direct and evaluate the performance of IT consultants/vendor relationships and manage license compliance.
- Ensure that the day-to-day IT operations, including but not limited to networking, server and desktop systems, printing, telecommunications, internet access are operating correctly and securely and efficiently.
- Define and manage core IT policies, standards, and best practices:
- Implement an IT audit and make recommendations with a follow up plan. - Define and lead improvement efforts for your area.
- Lead, participate and implement strategies for upgrade, expansion, disaster recovery, data loss and preventive maintenance on all IT systems.
- Act as the information security officer and manage security infrastructure processes and unauthorized access to or usage of network and or software systems. Ensure that company assets are tracked and maintained responsibly.
- Accelerate the efforts of Scientific Computing as they build out the Joyn data platforms ensuring IT infrastructure support as well as coordinating with them for lab equipment integration with LIMS and data storage in cloud computing systems.
- Maintain effective communication between the IT and scientific and business staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT or equivalent degree or experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervising information technology professionals, preferably in industry
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in the information technology profession.
- Professional or vendor certifications or equivalent credentials in some technology implemented in the office. Currently, these technologies include but are not limited to AWS, OKTA, Meraki, VMware, Microsoft Technologies including Azure hosting and Office 365, GSuite, Cloudlock, etc.
- Strong team player who can proactively partner across teams to identify and solve organizational problems.
- Commitment to Joyn’s values of Collaboration, Accountability, Diversity and Customer Awareness.
- This position will be a member of Joyn’s Digital Science & Technologies Dept and will report into the Head of Digital Science and Technologies.
- Remote or Boston, USA.
- 25% Travel required