Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior SRE to build and maintain infrastructure that supports Spin’s numerous properties. You’ll combine skills from Infrastructure, DevOps/SRE, systems administration, operations and software development to influence product architecture and its evolution by creating reliable cloud-based infrastructure and software that serves millions of riders across the world.
The Senior SRE will join a team responsible for reliably delivering a fault-tolerant system that handles thousands of connected IoT devices and mobile apps at scale.
We are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over the performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well-rounded team member by driving forward the operability of the platform, in order to drive down the number of incidents and to reduce MTTR. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product. Our operating model ensures that we obsessively maintain the reliability of our systems in a well-balanced way. And the best of all, we are a remote friendly company.
- Build and deliver scalable, secure and resilient applications and services.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability.
- Prepare technical system and software design documents supporting the implementation.
- Write command-line tools in Ruby or Go to support daily development work.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and best practices in cloud-based infrastructure.
- Implement and improve integration testing suites for backend and mobile teams.
- Take part in team on-call / support rotation.
- 8+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years in a DevOps/SRE or similar role.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Expertise of at least one public cloud provider.
- Have a deep knowledge in deploying and managing production infrastructure with IaC.
- Proficiency with container management and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker).
- Have worked with open source or SaaS-based monitoring and observability tools (Prometheus, Datadog).
- Have experience working with at least two of the following types of datastores (Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, messagebus technologies).
- Good understanding of service-based architectures.
- Mastery in implementing and managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Be passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks and constantly improve our process with a focus on our business problems.
- Proficient experience with one programming language (Ruby, Python, Go).
- Specialist in Linux/Unix.
- Have solid experience with security practices, networking protocols, and/or compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a strong teammate.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.