Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior IT Support Engineer that specializes in SaaS administration and customer support. You should possess a deep and broad knowledge of IT Services Management (ITSM), operating systems, SaaS implementation, networking, and storage technologies. This is an individual contributor, hands-on role that will help Spin scale business systems and IT infrastructure in a safe and secure manner while maintaining user/customer focus. The ideal candidate should be able to operate comfortably both independently and in small teams.
- Solve complex problems related to infrastructure services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Excellent communication skills. Much of the work will involve collaboration, documentation, and exceptional business acumen. Soft Skills are essential.
- Design and implement automation solutions to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Spin’s systems.
- Manage the day-to-day IT ticketing system by resolving support issues in a timely manner and escalating when necessary.
- Participate in IT projects and work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Recommend new solutions and process improvements within the IT team.
- Experienced in Identity Management (IdM), SSO, and SaaS integrations.
- Knowledge of Endpoint Protection, Device Management, and Data Loss Prevention.
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field or equivalent experience. Eight or more years related experience.
- Working knowledge of all layers of multi-tier enterprise IT infrastructure systems, including compute (workstations and servers), storage (SAN, NAS, data protection and archiving), network (media, switches and routers), database, and directory services.
- Understanding of enterprise application architectures (3-tier, client/server, web, etc.) and how these relate and translate into infrastructure requirements.
- Proven ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly & analyze quantitatively.
- Detail oriented, and ability to meet, and exceed, quality standards.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to determine an appropriate level of detail given project milestones.
- Manage and execute projects with a strong bias for action; ability to effectively prioritize projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment and must be a self-starter who is excited and curious about technology.
- Post-Implementation Reviews - Conducts PIRs after completing a project in order to evaluate whether the project objectives were met, determine how effectively the project was run, learn lessons for the future, and ensure that the organization gets the greatest possible benefit from the project
- KPAs, metrics and SLA tracking - Understands and applies the tools and techniques to define, measure and control the performance of the project or IT operations.
- Cost estimations - Has the knowledge to calculate the cost of a program, project, or operation accurately, transparently, and reliably
- Understanding of control, audit, regulatory and compliance requirements and frameworks (NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI).
Nice to have:
- Jira and Confluence experience a plus
- Palo Alto Cortex XDR
- AWS and GCP
- Security Awareness Training Tools
- Google Workspace
- Customer Service Experience
- Help Desk Experience
- Strength in Change Management, Knowledge Management
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.