Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
We are seeking highly motivated problem-solvers who love working with people and are passionate about sustainability and our impact on the world. Ideal candidates will have an upbeat attitude and drive to provide exceptional service. All candidates must be located in Arizona and have the ability to work in a remote, secure environment.
- Take initiative to learn the company's products and processes
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, chat, and text in a fast-paced manner
- Meet program specific KPI requirements
- Devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
- Assist customers with varied needs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service role
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer-service software a plus
- Impeccable computer skills and knowledge - confidence in your ability to learn new software easily
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask
- Passionate about product knowledge and delivering a great experience
- Energetic and excited about mission-driven work to eliminate food waste
- Must be available to work in a quiet, secure, remote environment - free of distractions
Details of Position:
- Full-Time Flex schedule (32-40 hours\week)
- Our team works remotely, must be able to work from home in a quiet, secure space
- Paid hourly starting at $15.00
- Open availability required (early morning, nights, and weekends - Exact work schedule will be provided before start date)
- PTO, 401 k, stock options, health care benefits, and credit towards your Imperfect box!
- Paid parental leave available up to 8 weeks
- All offers subject to 60+ day provisional employment period
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
We use a 3 step interview process. To prepare you for what to expect please see details below.
Step 1: We’ll review your resume and answers to application questions and if we feel you might be a good fit we’ll email you with the details of step 1 which include:
* 40 min timed test answering sample customer care emails
* 1 min typing test
* Home internet speed test
Step 2: Once you’ve impressed us with your flawless typing skills and thoughtful customer responses, we’ll set up a 30 min phone interview. This interview will cover your past work experience, customer interaction examples, work from home experience and more!
Step 3: This is the final step in the interview process - an hour long zoom interview with 2 members of customer care leadership. In this interview we want to get to know you a bit more and ensure a good fit! This interview will expand on your customer care experience and cover goal setting, productivity and more!
Once you’ve completed all steps in the interview process you can expect to hear back from us within a 2 week time frame - one way or the other!
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.