Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Our engineering team consists of engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
You will join the team of Backend Engineers and Mobile Engineers to build the Web Application and Mobile App collaborating with the Product Manager, Design team and Engineering Manager. We are looking for a strong technical leader to take ownership of our Team App and Web Application. And work with the team to create the product roadmap, design, implement and maintain the software. You are expected to move fast, ship things, and have a big say in product decisions. We are currently using React Native for Mobile App and React for Web Application.
- Work closely with product and design teams to refine the features we build.
- Prepare and maintain the design documents.
- Collaborate with the backend team to design the API for Team App.
- Deliver quality software through comprehensive code reviews and automated testing.
- Build for scale, availability, performance and security across the stack.
- Write automated unit and integration tests to ensure a stable and quality app.
- Push your team forward onto the latest and greatest, be it engineering practices, libraries, tools or products.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in professional software development.
- React experience or equivalent such as Vue and Angular.
- Experience modern tech frontend technology, workflows, build and deployment techniques.
- You have led a team of people to build an entire product end-to-end.
- You are a self-starter and be able to collaborate with team to deliver the product.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, great collaborator.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience building out automated testing frameworks.
- You have published and maintained something on the app store built with Java, or Kotlin.
- Experience with Android and or iOS native development.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.