Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Our Warehouse Lead works alongside and with the team and is responsible for ensuring maximum productivity and efficiency within the assigned areas. The Warehouse Lead receives direction from Warehouse Supervisor and/or Manager and carries out instructions based on given directive. The Lead is responsible for following and enforcing all safety policies. The Lead is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
Details & Responsibilities
- Effectively communicates with all co-workers while still embodying our values.
- Provides employees guidance on how to properly perform their task.
- Support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors and completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for the performance and productivity of their team
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures, Safety guidelines, and GMPs.
- Performs duties to support the operations of production, warehouse and inventory teams.
- Report any potential safety hazards or repair needs to supervisor or management
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Communicate with other cross-functional departments in order to collaborate and solve problems
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance and/or Supervisor.
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1 year of related experience preferred
- Proficient in computer systems (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to count and basic math skills
- Ability to stay focused, work efficiently, and deliver results both alone and as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work standing for 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment (38°F)
- Packing or assembly line experience
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Certification in forklift operation preferred, but not required
Details of Position
- Full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Production Supervisor
- The position is based out of our warehouse in Clackamas
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Shifts available are Sunday- Wednesday 4:00am-2:30pm OR Sunday- Wednesday 3:00pm-1:30am. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Warehouse Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
- Ability to work in both hot and cold temperature conditions
- Able to walk, stand, bend, squat/stoop, climb, reach, crouch, and kneel throughout the workday.
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/ or packages weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly or continuously over time.
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.