Do well by doing good.
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you want to engage in a mission that fundamentally betters our world? Do you want to work alongside an amazing team of smart, driven, upbeat colleagues with unique backgrounds and interests? Keep reading because EnergySage might be the place for you.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. We are the most-visited energy website in the U.S.-- last year 10 million people used our tools. What can you help us achieve?
Business Development Manager
As Business Development Manager for the EnergySage Installer Network, your charter is to effectively engage with the North American solar installer ecosystem. You convincingly present the EnergySage business proposition, reliably validate installer prospect potential, qualifications, readiness and business model fit and successfully recruit qualified installers to join the EnergySage Installer Partner Network to begin leveraging this unique customer acquisition and sales channel to grow their business.
What You'll Do:
- Proactively recruit and vet new installer prospects to join the EnergySage Installer Partner Network - working in close coordination with installer account management and installer training to ensure effective onboarding
- Align with individual installer account managers on targeted recruitment of named account installer prospects
- Collaborate closely with Marketing to develop and execute broad-based outbound installer recruitment campaigns and tactics to augment organic inbound online applications of installer prospects to join the EnergySage Installer Network
- Effectively articulate the business value of the EnergySage platform to all inbound new installer prospects, systematically screen and vet installer prospects through a standardized application process, ensure business model alignment and close the deal
- Maintain and continuously enhance the EnergySage installer master database, by leveraging internal systems, external data sources and industry partnerships to guide our broad-based & targeted installer recruiting efforts
- Be instrumental in elevating EnergySage's Marketplace success through efforts made to realize the success of recruited installers
What We Look For:
- Experience with b2b business development, preferably for software platforms, including prospecting, vetting and onboarding of new companies
- Proven track record of effectively engaging and closing prospects, preferably with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to effectively manage a prospect pipeline against quarterly business objectives
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a high level of autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and attention to detail
- Diplomatic problem solver & team player
- Renewable energy industry and/or experience working with home improvement contractors is a plus
- Affinity for protecting the environment, sustainability practices, or mission-driven work
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse and inclusive teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.