Do well by doing good.
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you want to engage in a mission that fundamentally betters our world? Do you want to work alongside an amazing team of smart, driven, upbeat colleagues with unique backgrounds and interests? Keep reading because EnergySage might be the place for you.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. We are the most-visited energy website in the U.S.-- last year 10 million people used our tools. What can you help us achieve?
Senior BI Analyst
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst you are responsible for business intelligence infrastructure, data integrity, and reporting for multiple business functions and stakeholders of a growing e-commerce business. You know how to craft complex SQL queries to process data and are able to organize, present and explain data clearly, as well as make recommendations for improving BI processes and insights. The Senior BI Developer sits within Software Engineering but is accountable to multiple stakeholders across teams, including senior leadership. Stakeholder management, communication, and prioritization are critical parts of your daily activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and administer business intelligence infrastructure and solutions across the business, ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- Deploy a thorough understanding of business and product analytics, front-end data reporting, and business intelligence tools to drive the creation of actionable insights and recommendations to the leadership team
- Own the BI reporting landscape: Design, build, document, and maintain a single source of truth for KPIs and dashboards using front-end BI tools; streamline and automate standardized and ad hoc reporting
- Engage product stakeholders (e.g., product management, software engineering) early in the product development processes; collect and report meaningful data that will inform product decisions
- Support stakeholders in evaluating, defining, standardizing, and reporting on key KPI's
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use BI tools and teaching the business users how to use them
- Apply appropriate visualization techniques to help cross-functional teams gain critical insights
- Pull data from a variety of sources to provide visibility into performance; present in clear, understandable, and actionable formats
- Craft complex SQL queries to generate custom reports and dashboards
- Support the evaluation and analysis of market research
- Build relationships and work cross functionally within stakeholder teams, including marketing, sales and account management, finance, product, and senior leadership
- Field and provide support for ad hoc data analysis requests/recommendations for the leadership team and other key stakeholders
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define the success of initiatives by aligning business objectives with metrics
What We Look For:
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, design and development of reporting and business intelligence solutions in a data warehouse environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience writing complex SQL queries
- Strong SQL knowledge to write and maintain complex queries that drive reports
- 3+ years using data visualization and Business Intelligence tools, preferably Sinsense/Periscope-- also Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, SAS, Looker
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with clear understanding of business process flow
- Proven success supporting senior leadership and multiple business functions, including product development
Also Important for this Position:
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- The ability to interpret information against business needs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skills in managing priorities, stakeholders, and time to meet deliverables
- Consistent demonstration of ownership and accountability.
- Initiative to identify and act on opportunities that positively impact the business
- Embracing and championing new ideas and technologies
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.