As a Principal Software Engineer on the Integrations Platform team, you will create sophisticated systems and infrastructure for the automated orchestration for our marketplaces. The platform coordinates moving truckloads of crops from seller to buyer and payments from buyer to seller. Your expertise in software development will help us create a world-class customer experience for our customers.
Indigo helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with product managers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
About the team
- You have demonstrated experience building applications and/or backend systems professionally.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have deep experience in one or more imperative programming languages. We work with Python and Java but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Here are the core team values that we live by and have created specifically for our team:
Serving the Business
- Primary goal of our work is to serve the business and you hold this in mind each day at work.
- You as an individual and we as a team hold our commitments very high and strive hard to keep them.
- No matter what your title is, you are willing to and able to learn from the most junior to the most senior member of the team.
- You know it is completely OK to reach out for help and sometimes the most basic questions help all of us learn the most.
- Bettering your team is a joint responsibility and you willingly share it.
- You understand that timely and thoughtful feedback drives continuous improvement.
- You understand that responsibility is something that is taken and not assigned.
- Your words and actions are always meant to encourage others.
- You are more interested in being curious and in a state of high learning rather than being right, or trying to prove you are right.
- You understand that it is important to connect more deeply with your team members outside of day-to-day and look for / create opportunities to do that on a regular basis.
Are you looking for a challenge and to make a difference?
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Abandoned Farmland Restoration, Plant-Rich Diets, Regenerative Annual Cropping