At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.The Senior Director, Strategy and Planning will play a key role in identifying and prioritizing Beyond Meat’s strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Vice President Strategy, Marketing and Innovation, he/she will lead cross functional team in an effort to further the commercial goals of the organization.
- Lead the facilitation of a best-in-class, structured, and disciplined strategy and annual planning processes for our largest and most strategic customers and products, while looking for opportunities to improve the planning framework.
- Drive consistency and alignment across the organization on the priorities for best-in-class customer engagement and business growth, to include gaining alignment across senior management.
- Lead the day-to-day internal cross functional strategic customer team meetings, with guidance from the Sales and Strategy leads, with a collaborative and communicative mindset and structured approach to problem solving.
- Working closely with Sales and cross functional partners, lead critical initiatives and communications - to include planning, problem solving, analytics, and customer engagement, ensuring the strategic intent is maintained throughout the initiative.
- Work with the PMO to manage customer initiatives, enabling timely deliverables and transparent customer communications; ensure leadership line of site on timelines and potential risks.
- Monitor progress against priorities and goals, identify gaps and assist in developing plans to address those gaps.
- Identify opportunities to create value for customers with creative out of the box thinking; partner with Consumer & Business Insights team to capture customer performance as well as consumer evolving trends and the implications for our customers.
- Coordinate the customer strategy teams - sales, marketing, innovation, insights, R&D and culinary – in their efforts to translate identified consumer trends into actionable menu opportunities for strategic customers
- Develop deep understanding of all aspects of Beyond’s business, enabling identification of interdependencies as well as establishing role as critical member of the customer facing team.
- Build effective relationships with cross functional teams, senior leadership and customers.
- Support sales team by participating in most customer engagements as the cross functional voice of Beyond, pulling in functional leads when needed.
- Actively build, manage, and coach customer teams to ensure effective and efficient completion of all strategic priorities and best in class customer engagement.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- 8+ years of progressive professional experience in Strategy; ideally in the retail, consumer package goods or food service/restaurant industry. Extensive food and beverage industry experience a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in a top tier consulting firm.
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to think broadly to lead and facilitate cross functional teams that meet to exceed customer expectations.; ability to drive results and influence others without formal authority.
- Strong performance accountability and drive for results.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to institute best in class processes while being flexible and comfortable with ambiguity in a fast pace, continuously evolving environment.
- Team player with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with customers, senior leadership and with other functional teams and leads; ability to manage all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and gain credibility with team members and senior leaders.
- Relevant experience balancing both the strategic and tactical challenges of growing a business.
- Ability to define key project milestones where initial pathways can be unclear or undefined.
- Understanding of the dynamics required to work in a high-touch service industry where customer dynamics drive the business.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change quickly by being forward thinking and role modeling for others to follow.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to present his or her ideas effectively and persuasively.