EnergyHub is expanding our Quality Assurance team and we’re looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test.
This role is an exciting opportunity to build and maintain automated test frameworks from the ground up and to be a key player in defining and implementing testability. Our QA team is closely integrated with development and gets involved early in the process, which means you will be engaged and contributing to the full product life-cycle, playing a central role in our quality process and continued success.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will:
- Design, troubleshoot, and maintain comprehensive automated test sets that cover functional and technical specifications, systems integration, compatibility, and performance
- Review both unit and manual tests to identify high-value areas for testing as well as areas where test coverage is lacking
- Drive the adoption of best test practices across the whole team
- Identify and advise on the technical ramifications of code changes
- Write code to implement software designs that facilitate testing
- Provide automation development guidance to other members of the dev team
- Perform manual functional, exploratory and negative testing
- Contribute to our team culture and inclusive workplace environment
- Professional test automation coding experience, preferably in a small to medium-sized team
- Experience with Selenium or similar
- Experience with Java, Python, React or similar
- Experience with test tools and frameworks like Gherkin, Robot Framework or similar
Nice to have:
- Experience with DevOps and building CI pipelines would be a plus
- Familiarity with Docker and any security experience like Oauth, penetration testing, etc
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.