Join a mashup of deep energy experts and creative tech wizards who are taking the fight to climate change. Disrupt and reimagine the energy experience using modern technologies.
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
We have built an innovative and powerful set of capabilities that allow us to integrate with our members’ utility accounts across all 50 states and seamlessly provide them access to clean energy. These disruptive capabilities allow for a whole new category of consumer products to enter the market.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to join and help lead our growing Enterprise business, responsible for packaging and exposing our core energy capabilities to enable third parties to create new energy products. This individual will partner closely with our Corporate Development team to shape our offering and bring it to life. By helping inform the architecture, implementation, and developer experience, the Director of Engineering, Enterprise will work to maximize the effectiveness of our platform, and ultimately join us on our quest to accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.
This role is based in Washington, D.C., or New York City, NY, though we are open to considering a remote candidate (we are all working from home at the moment) and will report directly to the Head of Engineering. Additionally, this candidate will collaborate frequently with other engineers as well as the Product, Enterprise Solutions, Member Experience, and Analytics & Data Science teams.
What you'll do:
- Empower third parties to create their own class of renewable energy offerings by ensuring scalable and resilient enterprise solutions
- Develop and maintain a great developer experience for our customers’ engineering teams
- Help guide architectural decisions that set us up for success in the future
- Lead and mentor a growing engineering team, establishing best practices and processes for successful execution of B2B deliverables
- Partner with the Enterprise Solutions team to inform and influence our enterprise strategy
- Assist with creating the technology that will allow the inception of a new category of energy offerings
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of people management experience, preferably in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience building performant and highly-available backend systems in at least one server-side language (eg: Ruby, Python, Java, C#)
- Experience building documentation portals, admin consoles, QA sandboxes, and other tools to aid with the developer experience
- Experience building B2B enterprise solutions, including interfacing directly with end customers and participating in the sales process
- Experience designing and coordinating post-launch support programs for B2B partners
- Willingness to act as both a player and coach, often rolling up your own sleeves
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to collaborate, mentor, learn from other engineers, and treat colleagues with empathy and respect
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, & efficiency
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.