Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for an engineering program manager to help us make the best possible vehicles. You will be responsible for handling the development of new features, new modules and new vehicles. In your first 6 months, you will lead qualification of new vehicles from our vendor partners. You will also kickstart new technology development and start us on early concept phase for custom designs. For custom products, you will manage development from the concept phase through to production.
About the Team
Our team consists of people that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Manage and communicate the schedule, budget, project goals and deliverables to your project team.
- Elevate project risk and issues to leadership and help determine project adjustments as required.
- Partner with our team and vendors in Asia to coordinate hardware qualification efforts with external test labs.
- Identify and engage multi-functional partners for product definition decisions.
- Collaborate with product management and other departments to validate engineering requirements.
- Work with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, industrial designers, firmware and software teams and manufacturers to deliver exceptional products.
- Guide hardware programs from concept through to production.
- Develop new vehicles and new features for existing vehicles.
- Oversee engineering builds locally and with manufacturing partners in Asia.
- Develop and implement product development processes that improve efficiency and accountability across various functions.
- Establish and champion best practices of product development processes for hardware.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in engineering or related technical field.
- 2+ years of experience shipping hardware products.
- Strong proponent of consumer-based product development processes.
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills.
- Strong multidisciplinary, technical background.
- Experience working with electrical, mechanical, firmware, software and ID teams.
- Experience working with individual contractors and engineering consulting firms.
- Experience collaborating with supply chain and manufacturing teams.
- Experience in working with overseas OEMs and vendors.
- Flexible, able to adapt projects to changing industry needs.
- Excellent communication skills and a great teammate.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 20% of the year.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.